We are recruiting a qualified Accountant for our St Kitts location to lead the accounting and finance functions by providing financial information and advice to management, and efficiently manage the operations of the Finance department.
The successful candidate will have key accountabilities as follows:
- Analyze financial trends and reports on costs, variances, productivity, margins, and company expenditures
- Monitor all financial data and prepare accurate statements/reports
- Prepare management accounts, annual budgets and forecasts, particularly the projection of expenses; conducts cost and revenue analyses
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintain accounting controls
- Review general payroll to ensure accuracy
- Monitor and review company processes to ensure control procedures, and regulatory compliance
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Manage the implementation of recommendations made by external and internal auditors and as agreed by management
- Provide financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations
- Manage the year-end audit process
- Assist with the preparation of capital/investment appraisals
- Ensure compliance with statutory and contractual obligations
- Manage the performance of the Finance team ensuring the effective and efficient operations of the department.
Education and Experience:
- A degree in Accountancy or Finance, with an internationally recognized professional qualification.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.