QualificationCertificate, Bachelor Degree
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Financial Inspector at the Financial Services Regulatory Commission (FSRC) – St. Kitts Branch.
JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL INSPECTOR
- Review application documents submitted to the FSRC for licences to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation
- Perform Financial and Risk Analysis of regulated entities
- Assist the Director to
- monitor financial services business in St. Kitts and Nevis
- supervise the business activities of any person licensed to carry on financial services business in St. Kitts and Nevis
- examine documents submitted to the Financial Services Regulatory Commission
- Research, analyse and monitor economic, financial and technological developments that may affect the Financial Services Sector in St. Kitts-Nevis.
- Assist the Director in the effective implementation of the Financial Services Regulatory Commission Act, Cap 21.10, the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations No. 46 of 2011, the Prevention of Terrorist Financing Regulations No. 47 of 2011, the Financial Services (Implementation of Industry Standards) Regulations No. 51 of 2011 and the Anti-Proliferation (Financing of Weapons of Mass Destruction) Regulations No. 9 of 2021.
- Under the supervision of the Director, conduct off-site surveillance and on-site examinations/inspections of regulated businesses to assess compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations No. 46 of 2011, the Prevention of Terrorist Financing Regulations No. 47 of 2011, and the Financial Services (Implementation of Industry Standards) Regulations No. 51 of 2011, the Anti-Proliferation (Financing of Weapons of Mass Destruction) Regulations No. 9 of 2021and other related legislation.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations with respect to matters arising out of the performance of any of the duties listed in 1-6 above.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance or any related and/or equivalent field
- A Professional Qualification in a related field would be an asset
- Training or Certification in Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Compliance and Supervision would be an asset
- Experience in Financial and Risk Analysis would be an asset
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Ability to communicate persuasively and clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team/group environment
Applications, curriculum vitae, along with two references and certified copies of documents pertaining to qualifications should be submitted and addressed to:
Financial Services Regulatory Commission – St. Kitts Branch
P O Box 898
South Independence Square Street
St. Kitts, W.I.
Applications should be submitted by 29 October 2021.