About St. Kitts Biomedical Research Foundation
The St. Kitts Biomedical Research Foundation (SKBRF) is a research organization devoted to advancing the development of therapies for human diseases and the application of related models of disease pathophysiology to drug and device evaluation. SKBRF applies extensive expertise in many areas of therapeutic and diagnostic research for which clinically relevant models are feasible, with a focus on ophthalmic, central nervous system and metabolic research, as well as pharmacokinetic and safety studies.
The Maintenance Specialist supports the maintenance supervisor with repairing, improving and expanding the infrastructure of the Facility. The Maintenance Specialist’s proficiency with construction and maintenance practices and familiarity is critical for effective facility infrastructure upkeep and improvement.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Work closely with the management team to maintain and advance the facility infrastructure.
- Communicate with all department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures
- Ensure all projects, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and renovation projects, are completed on time and according to specification
- Conduct inspections for preventive maintenance needs
- Contribute to the development and refinement of maintenance methods.
- Engage with the Maintenance Supervisor through standard procurement practices and approvals to order required supplies or equipment not obtainable locally.
- Maintain tools and equipment and secure them when not in use so that they can be deployed on future projects.
- Fulfill the following operational and compliance responsibilities, as well as others identified and agreed upon through direct communication with Senior Management, including:
a. Adhering to the Company’s maintenance program compliant with applicable local building code and safety requirements and with facility standard operating procedures (SOPs) regarding safety and staff conduct.
b. Remaining informed of and responsive to building code changes, and actively contributing to revising facility practices to align with regulatory guidance.
c. Drive operational effectiveness and the definition and fulfillment of the facility’s mission through active participation in meetings and communications.
d. Comply with company and Testing Facility policies that restrict the dissemination of potentially sensitive materials related to company and/or Testing Facility operations, including, but not limited to information related to the facility use of nonhuman primates.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- A secondary school education is required and at least 10 years maintenance experience.
- teamworking skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels
- the confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- Problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage projects
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- An attitude for quality, an eye for detail and the ability to strictly follow standardized procedures and written instructions
Interested candidates may send their resumes directly to the attention of Mrs. Akela Edinborough via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 26, 2023.
Company St. Kitts Biomedical Research Foundation
Department Human Resources Department
Address P. O. Box 6018, Lower Bourryeau Estate, St. Kitts
Phone (869) 465-7382
The St. Kitts Biomedical Research Foundation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to ensure personal, team, and animal research safety.