About the job
Opportunity at a Glance
The primary purpose of this position is to control the academic schedule of students, based on the policies of RUSVM Administration using a variety of electronic software tools. This position will work with University Registrar and Assistant Dean of Academic Program Delivery to support the curriculum by organizing the placement of students in groups for labs and other academic activities. This position will be responsible for the publishing of all academic schedules (course, lab, exams) for faculty, venues, support staff, animals, equipment, and students. This position will resolve constraints within the schedule according to curriculum committee guidelines, university policies and procedures, reporting to the University Registrar.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean of Academic Program Delivery, create the academic schedules for the school.
- Plans and implements the efficient distribution of completed schedules to students, faculty, and staff
- In conjunction with the University Registrar and Registrar Team, assess and make decisions on how Leave of Absence (LOA), repeats, withdrawals, and dismissals affect the schedule, and communicate decisions to all stakeholders.
- Work closely with the University Registrar and Registrar Team to provide student schedules that align with student registrations in the SIS.
- Authorize any changes in electronic systems in conjunction with the Registrar’s office to facilitate smooth scheduling as a result of these changes.
- Participate and help develop training session for new and incoming faculty on scheduling functions.
- Responsible for all scheduling as it relates to the Exam Center:
- Case Studies
- Make-Up Exam
- Review Sessions
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business or other related field or related experience in an academic environment.
- Excellent IT software skills with excellent knowledge of Excel and Outlook.
- A highly motivated individual with attention to detail.
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills are critical for this function.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues and determine effective business and alternative solutions.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to advance projects while managing multiple initiatives.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions with minimal supervision and direction.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) offers an accredited Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, postgraduate certification, integrated DVM/Master of Science (MSc) dual degree programs, and Doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees. Our unique program of broad-based curriculum integrates research opportunities and classroom study in St. Kitts with hands-on clinical training at affiliated AVMA-accredited veterinary schools. Cutting-edge curriculum with innovative technology and simulation provides the best possible training as we aim to lead veterinary training worldwide by creating an exemplary program uniquely designed to graduate today’s practice-ready veterinarians and tomorrow’s leaders and discoverers.
The mission of RUSVM is to provide the best learning environment to prepare students to become members and leaders of the worldwide public and professional healthcare team, advancing human and animal health (One Health) through research and knowledge exchange. Learn more about Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.veterinary.rossu.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.