About St. Kitts Biomedical Research Foundation
The St. Kitts Biomedical Research Foundation (SKBRF) is a research organization devoted to advancing the development of therapies for human diseases and the application of related models of disease pathophysiology to drug and device evaluation. SKBRF applies extensive expertise in many areas of therapeutic and diagnostic research for which clinically relevant models are feasible, with a focus on ophthalmic, central nervous system and metabolic research, as well as pharmacokinetic and safety studies.
The Training Director designs training curricula for employees across training levels and departments, and implements their delivery, coordinating with supporting subject matter experts, and scheduling with the Training Coordinator. The Training Director shall ensure training requirements across all job titles and the associated job roles for each of these are maintained within the organization’s Training Matrix. Fulfilling this responsibility involves working with the Chief Scientific Officer, Director of Research Operations and Human Resources, to apply training materials and training management tools to design training material and programs, fill identified training gaps, schedule training events, and oversee quality systems related to the communication and documentation of training.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
• Promoting a culture of learning.
• Developing role-specific training curricula for all levels of research and operations staff.
• Synthesizing modular training materials from existing standard operating procedures (SOPs), guidance documents, manuals, audiovisual content, publications, and other resources.
• Collaborating to generate a multimedia training library to efficiently and effectively orient trainees on principal facility procedures.
• Support the ongoing use and development of the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) training module to define training requirements, document training completed and define training gaps to enable targeted training.
• Working with the Training Coordinator, Testing Facility Management and Department Supervisors to develop, maintain and update the Company’s training matrix.
• Working with the Training Coordinator and other team members to define individual and team training schedules across departments.
• Overseeing weekly research staff training meetings with designated presenters.
• Conducting staff training as defined trainer when serving as subject matter expert.
• Contributing to the weekly operational schedule by defining training times, locations, and participants.
• Introducing and refining training formats aligned to given subject matter and/or individuals.
• Proofreading and editing training documents when not lead creator.
• Remaining familiar with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and SOP updates.
• Contributing to the maintenance of facility SOPs.
• Maintaining familiarity with best educational practices to inform training program.
• Supporting staff pursuit/evaluation of internal and external professional development opportunities.
Preferred Skills of Successful Candidate
• Master’s degree or higher (PhD preferred) with a minimum of five years of experience working in adult/higher education in the life sciences; other credentials considered if exceptional.
• Experience managing an organizational training matrix within a validated QMS platform is strongly favored.
• The ability to present information clearly and concisely through both written and verbal communications.
• Strong computer skills required with experience in Windows and OSX operating systems
• Collaborative in a team environment but also confident learning and working independently.
• Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and meet project timelines
• Attention to detail and ability to identify and resolve issues effectively.
• Strong interpersonal skills and comfort interacting with Management, research team and operations team through various modes of communication.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to the necessities of fast-paced research activities.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically.
Interested candidates may send their resumes directly to the attention of Akela Edinborough via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before Friday October 14, 2022.
Company St. Kitts Biomedical Research Foundation
Department Human Resources Department
Address P. O. Box 6018, Lower Bourryeau Estate, St. Kitts
Phone (869) 465-7382
The St. Kitts Biomedical Research Foundation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to ensure personal, team, and animal research safety